HOW TO BECOME A PATIENT
The Screening Process:
This is a 3-step process.
Step 1 – Initial Screening Including:
- Sending us a text with Klara or send us a message through the Contact Us form on the website
- You will receive a request for a copy of your insurance cards and a Required Information form that will help us understand what you want to see Dr. Saperstein for and where you are in your diagnostic process.
Step 2 – The Survey and Records Assessment
- We will send you a link to a survey that goes into more depth about your symptoms and medical history.
- Important: This survey takes about 30 minutes to complete, so please set aside time to complete this in one sitting. Without this survey, we cannot appropriately screen your case.) We get this survey 1 – 2 business two business days after you complete it.
- Once your screening is completed, Dr. Saperstein reviews it.
- Occasionally, we may request medical records to fully understand your medical picture.
Once this is reviewed, we will inform you whether we will accept your case. We will also provide you with a good faith estimate for your initial consultation, so you can decide if you’re interested in moving on to intake.
The Intake Process:
If, after screening and assessment you agree to the fee, we will send you another Klara message with the intake documents that are only available electronically.
- Review of and proof of receipt of Privacy Policies
- Patient Intake and Registration Forms split into four parts
- A Private Pay Contract that includes the Financial and Appointment Policies
- HIPAA Consent to Share Information (if you want to allow us to speak with a parent, spouse, sibling, etc)
- Medical Records Requests – records from prior providers you have seen for your medical issues and your Primary Care Provider
- A picture of your photo identification (if a minor, the parent’s photo ID)
- If you are a Medicare or Medicaid beneficiary, you will be required to complete another form that the Federal Government requires we have on file.
Scheduling the Initial Consultation
- Once all your forms are complete and we either have your medical records or have requested them, we will contact you to set up an appointment.
- Be prepared to pay your deposit of 25% of your good faith estimate to hold a place on the schedule.
- Our staff will ensure we have everything we need prior to your visit. You are encouraged to reach out to your providers directly to ensure we have these records in a timely fashion.
- It is imperative that we have all the relevant test results, prior consultations, etc., for an efficient and effective initial consultation.
Questions? Feel free to contact our office by completing the contact request or start a chat with our staff through our Klara app.
KLARA IS A SECURE, HIPAA COMPLIANT DIGITAL MESSAGING PLATFORM.
The Center for Complex Neurology utilizes Klara as a tool to communicate with our patients. You can schedule an appointment, obtain refills, send us documents, or chat live with a member of our staff – all without making a single phone call! Kiss phone-tag goodbye!
Get started by clicking on the purple ‘Message Us’ box to the right of your screen.
- Easy and secure messaging on all devices
- Secure, 100% HIPAA compliant
- Compatible with any device (desktop, tablet, mobile)
- App download available, but not required
- No username or password needed
- Push & text notifications